1 cup warm water (105° to 110°)
1 (¼-ounce) package active dry yeast
4 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 cups bread flour
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1½ teaspoons salt
½ cup canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ cup brown butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
Cinnamon Roll Glaze
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup warm water, yeast, and 2 tablespoons sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine bread flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt, whisking to blend.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, combine yeast mixture, oil, egg, and vanilla.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to yeast mixture, beating until smooth after each addition. Add remaining 1 cup all-purpose flour, beating to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover, and let stand in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, until doubled in size, 1 to 1½ hours.
5. Punch dough down; cover, and let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Lightly spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to an 18x10-inch rectangle. Brush dough with melted brown butter. Sprinkle with brown-sugar mixture, leaving a 1-inch border on long side of dough. Tightly roll up dough jelly-roll fashion, starting at long side and pressing edge to seal. Cut into 1 to 1½-inch slices.
8. Place, cut side down, in prepared skillet. Cover, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, until doubled in size, approximately 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°.
9. Bake cinnamon rolls until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle Cinnamon Roll Glaze over tops of warm rolls.