Yield: 2 dozen cupcakes
1 cup butter, softened
1¼ cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup bourbon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups self-rising flour
3 strips bacon, cooked and coarsely crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine milk, bourbon, and vanilla. With mixer running at low speed, add flour to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Spread Maple Glaze over cupcakes; top with bacon.